Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wedding: Reception


After our ceremony, we had a cocktail hour on the second floor balcony, while they set up the tables downstairs for dinner.

























For our place cards we used chocolate bars hand calligraphied by my champion of a brother. I did a previous post about these, which you can see here, if you like.




 We decorated the place card table with cala lilies and floating candles with orchids.



Our centerpieces consisted of three different variations. The flowers were a combination of peonies, orchids, calas, roses, dusty miller, and succulents. I wanted all the greens to be muted like in my bouquet, keeping with our neutral color palette. The vases alternated between low, white porcelein footed vases, and tall antique silver ones. The wonderful Leighsa Montrose at Branch Out was the lady behind all our florals.

Hurricane candles were placed around the vases, as well as small votives floating in water and orchids. I asked for more candles, but City Hall has strict fire codes they weren't willing to let me break. :)



We chose dove gray napkins and ordered matching silver Ghiradelli Chocolate boxes as party favors. Nearly all our guests were from out of town, so we thought Ghiradelli was a great bit of San Francisco to include in our celebration.

The ladies at the Chocolate Factory were so sweet to work with. A big thank you to May who took the time to make sure every ribbon was tied perfectly. 
























Dinner was catered by the incredible Persian restaurant, Maykadeh. Kenny and I go there for dinner regularly, so when it came time to pick a caterer, we knew exactly who we wanted. The food was a big hit, even with our guests who had never tasted Persian food before!
















































Our wedding day also happened to be my dad's birthday! He kept teasing us saying he was going to sneak a candle into our wedding cake. But we beat him to it, and surprised him with a birthday cake all his own.

























As for music, Ken and I knew we really wanted a band. We felt so fortunate to have found Double Funk Crunch. They were absolutely fantastic and had everyone dancing until the very end of the night.










We also rented a photobooth, which turned out to be a big hit. I went to a thrift store in the Mission and bought safari hats, mullets, fake mustaches, and boas. I also ordered two Ken doll t-shirts.

In case you missed it, here's a previous post highlighting some of our favorite photobooth moments.


Instead of a traditional guest book, I matted a small print I made that says, "Love Is The New Black," referencing our "black tie" affair. :)

Cards Deluxe printed a sign that accompanied the "guestbook", asking guests to sign the matte and leave us their well wishes. The final piece now hangs in our living room: an original piece of art plus a daily reminder of all the love that surrounds us.


Many many thanks to the wonderful Kathryn Kalabokes at Dream a Little Dream Events who was my day-of-superwoman-coordinator-hero. This little lady is the reason our day was perfect.

And that's a rap folks! If you have any questions about our vendors, City Hall, etc., please feel to leave a comment below, and I'll be sure to write back.

xo.

4 comments:

  1. You wedding is probably the most beautiful and fun looking wedding I have seen! I feel happy just looking at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two could not be any cuter!! What a beautiful wedding! And the birthday cake for your father is heart melting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding was beautiful, Wow!! San Francisco City Hall - what a great venue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am now stalking your wedding! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. :)